[SunHELP] Script migration problems

Ben Ricker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 11:16:17 CST 2001

I fixed the problem, but not in the most cleanest fashion. Instead of
starting the java process with exec, I switched to straight execution.
Then, I ddid the following:

pgrep -f java > $PIDFILE

Since this box does nothing but serve this one application, this works.
The PID gets filed and the stop and restart arguments to the script
work. It still is not quite right: if I must spawn more then one java
process, say, then the pgrep could return a string of PIDs which would
not help. Even if each script that spawned a java process did a pgrep on
java, the second process would always get two PIDs returned. There HAS
to be a better way....

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
US-Rx, Inc.