[SunHELP] ntbackup restore under Solaris ?

Henry Buford III sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 08:11:47 CST 2001

The real problem here is formatting.  Currently, I'm pretty sure that there
is no software for Solaris that will read the mtf1 (Microsoft Tape Format)
format.  However, in the next version of NetBackup (4.0V), there will be an
option to allow you to read BackupExec tapes.  BackupExec uses the mtf1
format as it is a popular tape format for pc's. NetBackup 4.0V should be
available later this year.

Henry Buford, III
MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, Sun Certified Solaris Admin I

VERITAS Software
NetBackup DataCenter/BusinesServer Technical Support
Senior Technical Support Analyst
VERITAS Technical Services
Tech Support: 1-800-342-0652
http://support.veritas.com