[SunHELP] Re: LS command not working

souleymane kante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 12:27:24 CST 2001

Ron Snyder wrote:

> Can you cd into any of the directories that should be there?
> /tmp, /usr, /bin, /etc for example.

YES

> how about "/usr/bin/ls -alb /"

 #/usr/bin/ls -alb /
total 536

> how about "echo *"?

#cd /
#echo *
bin cdrom conf dead.letter dev devices df etc export fs1 fs_image home ifcfg0111
00 ifcfg251199 ifcfg270899 ifcfgeng2091099 ifconfig091099 in.telnetd kernel lib
lost+found mnt net netstat091099 netsteng2091099 nsr nsr.R opt platform proc sbi
n sendmail.hf sendmail.st showrev251199 test tmp usr var vol xfn

> What about using a different shell?

same

> Does ls work like it should for other directories?

No, I get the same result