[SunHELP] now i'm really confused

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 27 20:15:20 CST 2001

ok, up till now i've been mounting the CompactFlash card as /dev/dsk/c2d0p1
but this time it hung until i used ^C to stop it.  odd, so i did a prtconf
(don't know why since i "knew" what it would say) and even odder was what i
got:

            SUNW,pcmcia, instance #0
                pcs, instance #0 (driver not attached)
                pcs, instance #1 (driver not attached)
                disk, instance #0
                disk, instance #1
                memory, instance #0
                    pcram, instance #0

this is the first time i've seen:

                memory, instance #0
                    pcram, instance #0

and now i can't mount my CF card.  i just did it a minute ago and it worked.

ok, thinking about it while writing this email i did a "volcheck -v" which
reported "no media found" and so i just stopped volume managment and i could
mount my CF card again.  so i started volmgt back up, can still mount.  ran
volcheck again, and i can _still_ mount the card.  i don't know what volmgt
did, but it got something hosed up.  so it's obviously trying to grok this card
but can't, anyone know how to make volmgt able to mount this card??

thanks,

-brian