[SunHELP] Solaris syslog question

Matthew Schumacher sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 27 19:36:41 CST 2001

All,

I have these two lines in my syslog.conf on my solaris 8 machine:

mail.debug;mail.info;mail.notice;mail.crit      /var/log/maillog
*.info                                          /var/log/messages

For some reason, solaris will not log anything to /var/log/maillog,
however I get mail.info logs in /var/log/messages just fine.  Can anyone
see what I am doing wrong?  Also, why does solaris refuse to use mail.*?

I am using syslogd -d to debug config file errors.

schu

--
"We'll need 2000 crickets, 4 cans of Easy Cheese, and the fluid from 18
glowsticks for this plan to work..."