[SunHELP] Day Light Saving Problem

Ledger, David sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 27 09:43:40 CST 2001

The quick answer is Don't.

Unix stores all timestamps as a fixed offset from a fixed time regardless of
timezone.
All timezone mods are automatically applied when setting and retrieving
system time.
It may look complicated, but that's only because you expect it to be.
Moving the set time back will mean that you will have the same underlying
timestamps
on files created 1hr apart.

Don't try to fight the system - it works.

David

v v v v v v v v

     Hi Unix admins  =20
 we want to discard the automatic day light saving time .So we manually =
 enter the correct date.
 How can we do this?
gpupower.co.uk or postmaster at npower.com

This outgoing e-mail (and any attachments) has been checked
(using Sophos Sweep 3.43 + patches) before leaving us (UK 08457 353637),
and has been found to be clean from any virus infection.