[SunHELP] start up scripts

Magnus Abrante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 25 05:19:14 CST 2001

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 07:11:52AM +0530, Swamy_CNN at satyam-infoway.com wrote:

> hi,
>      Can i use CSH scripts for the startup scripts or do i need to use the SH
> itself.

Well, the script that parses the startup scripts performs a /sbin/sh/ <script>,
so this would probably give you some errors if you tried to use a csh script
as a startup script.

I guess that /sbin/sh is the prefered shell to use for startup script, since
its statically linked and resides on the / partition, if you for example have
a separate /usr partition the csh might not be available all the time (even if
it should be there when you enter the higher runlevels (eg 3)).

Regards,

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */