[SunHELP] Netscape Not Resolving URL's

Bruce Pullig sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 23 14:42:40 CST 2001

Uncomment the following line in /etc/nscd.conf:

#       enable-cache            hosts           no

Now restart nscd by:
/etc/rc2.d/S76nscd stop
/etc/rc2.d/S76nscd start
Now restart Netscape and it should work.

IE 5 does run on Solaris 8.   You may be running out of colors.  Do a
ps-ef | grep iexplorer
and see if it is waiting, if so, close any other programs that are
running. and IE should start up.  IE is not as SPARC friendly as
Netscape.