[SunHELP] Strange gcc problem

Li John-a16118 sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 22 03:45:22 CST 2001

Hi all,

I encounter a strange problem when using gcc2.95.2 19991024(release) on Solaris7. When I compile a file which is a very ordinary c file. For example, I run the following command:

% gcc -o myfile myfile.c

The output is as below:
_stdfopen                           /var/tmp/ccuJmD5h.o
_stdsprintf                         /var/tmp/ccuJmD5h.o
_stdprintf                          /var/tmp/ccuJmD5h.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to myfile
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have install the same Gcc on serveral Solaris7 servers, but the error don't exist on other machines. Only one machine has the problem.

I'm not familiar with Gcc, Is there anybody who can point me on this ?

Thanks

John Lee