[SunHELP] DiskSuite and Disk Crash Data

Ann Waters sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 19 15:18:36 CST 2001

Hi Listers,

I have installed DiskSuite on two of our E3000 servers that run Oracle.  Every filesystem on these boxes is now mirrored by way of DiskSuite.  So, if I should have a disk crash, I should be able to use the various meta commands to fix things on the fly.  I want to make sure, though, that I am saving the correct data/files in the event of a disk failure.  Here is a list of what I have come up with that should be saved:

df -k output
metadb -i output
metastat -p output
metastat -t output
format/partition output for each disk
prtvtoc output for each disk
vfstab

Is there anything else that any of y'all would recommend I save away?

Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions/comments!

Ann Waters
Kaiser Permanente
Silver Spring, MD