[SunHELP] SPARCstation 5

James Ascroft-Leigh sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 18 14:24:31 CST 2001

I normally wouldn't but I also have two IPXs and they make quite a lot of
noise.  I am a student with a small room that I need to sleep in too.  The
IPXs can't turn themselves off.  The SS5 has a courtesy power outlet and so
do the IPXs.  I was hoping to write a script on my (quieter) i386 to halt
the IPXs.  The last thing the IPXs would do is report that they have
finished shutting down and then my i386 will instruct the SS% to turn off.

After a good night sleep I was then hoping to perform the reverse process
:-)  Maybe I can make a wire to go from the i386 to the keyboard input port
or something...

		                     _________
                                /         \
                              \  F   D   E  /
                               \  C  A  B  /
                                 \       /

You wouldn't happen to know which pin I need to use on my type 5c keyboard
and how, would you?

Again,  all help is appreciated,

James Ascroft-Leigh
mailto:JamesAsc at bigfoot.com