[SunHELP] SPARCstation 5

James Ascroft-Leigh sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 18 12:15:32 CST 2001

I have worked with i386 based machines mostly and so I am a bit of Sun
newbie.  I have just been given a SPARCstation 5 and have set it up just
fine by booting via TFTP.

I have noticed that it seems to be quite advanced for it's age with things
like an optical mouse and power on from the keyboard.  I was just wondering
whether it would be possible - even if really difficult - to cause it to
power up from a signal to it's Ethernet port.  i.e.  It is off and I tell it
to turn on from another computer that it is networked to.  Is there any
chance?

Thanks in advance for your help,

James Ascroft-Leigh
mailto:JamesAsc at bigfoot.com