[SunHELP] Apache-SSL

Matthew Rushton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 17 17:31:34 CST 2001

Hi Raghav,

Put the line

SSLRandomSeed startup /dev/random

in your httpd.conf for Apache. This should get it to work though I use egd to
generate the random data so use "SSLRandomSeed startup egd:/var/tmp/edg.tmp"

Regards,

MatthewR

Quoting sunhelp-request at sunhelp.org:

> Date: 16 Mar 2001 06:54:36 MST
> From: Raghav Sood <4sud at usa.net>
> To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [SunHELP] Apache-SSL
>
> hi
> i am trying to get Apache-SSL working. got the thing compiled but i
> cann't
> generate the certificate. i am using solaris 2.6 on e220. also
> installed
> 105710-01 patch to get /dev/random. and also set $RANDFILE to
> /dev/random. but
> every time i try to generate the certificate i get an error saying :
>     unable to load 'random state'
>     This means that the random number generator has not been seeded
>      with much random data.
>
> any idea why so????
>
> regards
> raghav sood

> Get free email and a permanent address at
> http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1

MatthewR
Unix Systems Administrator, Technical Services
201 Sussex St
Sydney 2000
Phone: +61 2 9282 3466
Mobile: 0419 635 736