[SunHELP] Floppy drives...

Bran Tregare sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 16 18:56:31 CST 2001

The sun floppy drives are tri-mode (mode 3?) drives 1M, 1.5M and 2M (720K,
1.2MB and 1.44 MB formatted), a regular PC floppy drive won't work as they
are dual mode only 1M & 2M Plus the sun drive has a servo to eject the disk
that is tied to a line on fhte cable and that may well be what is being
tested for when it seems to not be able to find the floppy.

  I have a source of Sun floppy drives for about $12 to 15 a pop....