[SunHELP] to chg ip address

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 16 00:37:21 CST 2001

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Sheshagiri Padmanabha Rao wrote:

| Hi all
| how to see the gate way address in the solaris m/c &
| plz inform me how to change ipaddress & gateway address.

Change the default gateway by editing the file /etc/defaultrouter

Change your system's IP address by looking at the
/etc/hostname.<interface>, and then editing /etc/hosts to change the IP
address of the hostname specified in the interface file.

Or, you can just: echo 'new.ip.address' > /etc/hostname.<interface>

To make the rest simple, you can reboot and the machine will come up
with the new IP address and gateway.

To avoid the reboot, after editing the files, you can so the
ifconfig/route commands by hand.

/dale