[SunHELP] nfs permission errors

Ravi Katti sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 12:44:05 CST 2001

<P>see whether the FS are properly shared or not. </P>
<P>in my expereince i always faced probelms whenever the FS were shared across solaris/linux. The FS on solaris gets corrupted when they are NFS mounted on linux boxes.<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>----Original Message Follows----
<DIV></DIV>From: Alan Rubin <RUBIN at EZY.NET>
<DIV></DIV>Reply-To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
<DIV></DIV>To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
<DIV></DIV>Subject: [SunHELP] nfs permission errors
<DIV></DIV>Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:06:12 -0500 (EST)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I am attempting to share a filesystem via NFS to some linux boxes from a
<DIV></DIV>Sun server. This filesystem is already shared out to many other
<DIV></DIV>servers/workstations that are made up of SGI and Sun boxes. I have added
<DIV></DIV>the hostnames of the linux boxes to the dfstab file, but I get permission
<DIV></DIV>denied when I try to mount the fs. If i make a completely separate share
<DIV></DIV>entry for the linux boxes, it works, but then the other boxes in the
<DIV></DIV>envrinoment dont have access to the fs. Has anyone experienced this
<DIV></DIV>behavior before? Any suggestions?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>alan
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>*Alan Rubin*
<DIV></DIV>Sun/Unix/Networking/Web Writing
<DIV></DIV>Email:rubin at ezy.net
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>SunHELP maillist - SunHELP at sunhelp.org