[SunHELP] nfs permission errors

Alan Rubin sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 13 23:06:12 CST 2001

I am attempting to share a filesystem via NFS to some linux boxes from a
Sun server.  This filesystem is already shared out to many other
servers/workstations that are made up of SGI and Sun boxes.  I have added
the hostnames of the linux boxes to the dfstab file, but I get permission
denied when I try to mount the fs.  If i make a completely separate share
entry for the linux boxes, it works, but then the other boxes in the
envrinoment dont have access to the fs.  Has anyone experienced this
behavior before?  Any suggestions?

alan

*Alan Rubin*
Sun/Unix/Networking/Web Writing