[SunHELP] having trouble installing netBSD on sun 4/470

Hatle, Steven J. sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 12 19:59:10 CST 2001

 Michael,

You might need to experiment with the partition number you are booting from
on the CD.

sd(0,30,1) will try partition 1, sd(0,30,2) will be partition 2, etc.
Without knowing which partition (might) be bootable, you'll have to play
around. This is all based on the fact that your CD-ROM is at SCSI ID 6; if
it's not, the '30' in the number above will be different as well.

Steve