[SunHELP] Solaris 7 -vs- xntpd:

Pat Lashley sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sun Mar 11 20:33:49 CST 2001

I have a network of Sun workstations and servers running Solaris 7.
They are all setup to keep their times syncronized via NTP.  One
of the machines occasionally drifts a few seconds out of sync though.
It is also the only one that contains the following line in the log
after xntpd is started:

xntpd[13804]: NTP user interface routines not configured in this kernel.

I'm guessing that means that NTP doesn't have access to the mechanism
to keep the clock in sync properly; but how do I fix it?  (And where
the bleep is that documented?)

Thanks,
-Pat