[SunHELP] Solaris 8 and Open Windows

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 10 12:33:25 CST 2001

> Does Solaris 8 still include Open Windows or are you limited to CDE or
> the (IMHO only - no flames please) even worse GNOME download? If not,
> would it be possible to load the packages from the Solaris 7 CD onto a
> Solaris 8 system?

OpenWin is included with Solaris 8.  it's what i use, but i believe that
8 is going to be the last version of Solaris to ship with OW.  which really
pisses me off, so maybe it's time to start using WindowMaker again.

or i gotta hang on to my Solaris 8 CDs for the rest of time so i can install
OW onto whatever version of Solaris is current. :)

cheers,

-brian