[SunHELP] le0

Maarten Deen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 9 08:26:28 CST 2001

Magnus Abrante:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 02:02:29PM +0100, Jankok, Lucio wrote:
> > go to the prom and type help .. discover
>
> Actually "man le" should do the trick. Anyway le stands for
> "Lance Ethernet" and its a Tbase10 controller, so it will
> operate at 10 mbit.

To be more accurate: the le controller is not tied to the medium, so
it is not 10baseT or 10base2 or 10base5 but just plain 10mbit.
Depending on the machine you will have a thinnet, AUI or RJ45
connector.
(IIRC, le was considerably less than 10mbit if you have the hardware
flawed sun3 with le)

Maarten

This train _will_ stop in Tucamcari.
(D. Mortimer, For a Few Dollars More)