[SunHELP] upgrading samba

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 9 06:45:31 CST 2001

the one big gotcha that you have to watch out for is: if you use the prebuilt
backage from sunfreeware.com copy your smb.conf off to somewhere else first.
the package has it's own smb.conf as an example, and the package install just
wipes out your smb.conf with the example one.  i know, i got burned with this,
luckily the person who was resonaible for maintaining samba on that machine
had a hardcopy of the config file so we could rekey it back in.

that's the only issue i know of, it doesn't overwrite the smbpasswd file or
any other files to my knowledge, but please backup you smb.conf before doing
this!!!  this was the only problem i had going from 2.0.0 to 2.0.6

cheers,

-brian