[SunHELP] qfe & hme interface

Magnus Abrante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 09:15:00 CST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:55:09AM -0500, Tim Conrad wrote:
> Apparently I'm missing something then...
>
> # ifconfig hme0 plumb
> ifconfig: plumb: hme0: no such interface
>
> The box is running solaris 2.5.1, and i haven't explicitly shut anything
> off as far as I know, but the box is running Firewall-1, which may cause
> a slight issue.

Huh, old stuff :)

Humm,  as far as i remember the HME driver should be included in
Solaris 2.5.1, however there are two kinds of Ultra 1, one older
one and one newer model. The newer model had a HME interface but
the older one had a le interface (10 Mbit), so are you sure your
box have a HME interface?

Othervise the HME drivers are included in a package called
SUNWhmd, so check if you have it installed or not.

Regards,

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my empolyer */