[SunHELP] Remote copy

Kovalev, Ivan sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 10:25:26 CST 2001

Only .rhosts file is a matter ( I assume you want to do user level
equivalency, otherwise you should do hosts.equiv - not recommended). The
entry in .rhosts should be fully qualified host name (you might need to
check your /etc/hosts for that matter), otherwise you will get these
messages.

CNSOLE line in /etc/default/login will allow remote root login if it is
commented out (not recommended), otherwise root will be allowed to login
only on device to which console is pointing to.

All of the above is for Solaris, but I am pretty sure it is the same for
other flavors.

Ivan