Subject: Re: [SunHELP] this is probably gonna be impossible, but................

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 06:40:06 CST 2001

> When you press the hotsync button on the cradle, it shorts a
> pair of contacts on the Palm/Visor which tells the Palm to
> sync. The palm then starts sending a bunch o' syncronization
> data to the host machine to see if the proper listener is there
> to talk to. If it is, they negotiate user info, etc and start
> passing data.

so as long as something is listening to the serial port i'll be fine?  i've
heard the name PDAsync thrown around on the list, i'm assuming that would do
it for me, i'll have to get a copy of that after i get my serial cradle.

> What you are seeing is most likely just fine. Although, you
> might want to check the palm to see what bit rate it is set
> for so you can be sure that tip is set correctly.
> HTH,

actually, it was a theoretical example of what might happen after i get my
serial cradle, however, your information has helped me understand what is going
on better, so when i am ready to hook everything up i will have a much better
chance of getting it working.  thank you very much.

-brian