[SunHELP] Symptoms and Resolutions Article 10516

Lund, Dennis sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 5 14:31:49 CST 2001

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0A5B3.53CBB704

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0A5B3.53CBB704

 Try this sunsolve page or look at the attachment.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=srdb%2F10516&zone_32=wtm
p%20truncate

Dennis L. Lund

>All,
>Does anyone know how to truncate wtmpx, utmpx and lastlog file? These files
>are too big to my server and takes up alot of space of my server.
>
>Please help
>Thanks
>William

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is
confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The
information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail
and delete it from your computer.

 <<Symptoms and Resolutions Article 10516.url>>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0A5B3.53CBB704

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>Symptoms and Resolutions Article 10516</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>  </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2> Try this sunsolve page or look at the =
attachment.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2> <A =
HREF=3D"http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=3Dsrdb%2F105=
16&zone_32=3Dwtmp%20truncate" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=3D=
srdb%2F10516&zone_32=3Dwtmp%20truncate</A></FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Dennis L. Lund</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>>All,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>>Does anyone know how to truncate wtmpx, utmpx =
and lastlog file? These files</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>>are too big to my server and takes up alot of =
space of my server.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>>Please help</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>>Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>>William</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P>     - - - - - - -  Appended by =
Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - - =20
<BR>This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is =
confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. =
The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person =
responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the =
intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, =
print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If =
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender =
immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer. </P>
<BR>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial" SIZE=3D2 COLOR=3D"#000000"> <<Symptoms =
and Resolutions Article 10516.url>> </FONT>=20
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0A5B3.53CBB704--

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0A5B3.53CBB704
	filename="Symptoms and Resolutions Article 10516.url"

[DEFAULT]
BASEURL=http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=srdb%2F10516&zone_32=wtmp%20truncate
[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://sunsolve.sun.com/private-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=srdb%2F10516&zone_32=wtmp%20truncate