[SunHELP] dns server - nslookup

ahamed afrose sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 5 03:26:19 CST 2001

--------------7C1956F60463BE1E6C025994

Check if you can query the secondary first. Also, This problem is caused by
the primary DNS server having outdated  information in its named.ca file,
such as a bad IP address. You can  get an updated named.ca file by ftping to
rs.internic.net, and retrieving the /domain/named.root file.(sunsolve)
/af

"Vivas Inga, Yovana Mery" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just set up a DNS server (just for my private network 10.15.18.0),
> when I started de dameon "named" I got the massage :
>
>         Mar  4 19:18:20 cw2 named[13485]: Ready to answer queries.
>
> It seems that there was no problem, but when I start nslookup I get the
> following:
>
> 56hostname# nslookup
> *** Can't find server name for address 10.15.18.124: Server failed
> *** Default servers are not available
> 57hostname#
>
> I also give you my /etc/resolv.conf file:
> domain domainforus
> search
> nameserver 10.15.18.124
>
> Can you tell me please what could be wrong with this configuration?
> thanks for your help, greetings.
> Mery

--------------7C1956F60463BE1E6C025994

begin:vcard