[SunHELP] Help on ld.so.1

Adams, Christopher sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 2 12:13:26 CST 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0A344.7E15ED66

Eduardo,

It looks like it is your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.  Seems a
library that the httpd daemon is dependant on is being superseded by another
library that is being loaded first.  ld.so.1 is reporting a loading problem
with the shared object file mod_env.so because it's not being loaded first.
Double check your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to see if it contains a path to mod_env.so
Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH should probably contain /space/apache/apache1/libexec
in it.  I can probably help you further if I knew what your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
looked like.  If you really aren't sure about when the library is getting
loaded and what's getting loaded first then try starting up Apache with this
command in front of the executable 'ldd' then type the command to start up
Apache.  This will tell you which libraries are getting loaded first and in
what order.  Really what you should do if you aren't to keen on Solaris 2.7
system libraries is to just try playing with your LD_LIBRARY_PATH by
rearranging some of the order in it.  Make a backup copy just in case.

If none of this helps you, then send me a copy of your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and I
will take a look at it.

Good Luck

Christopher Adams
Starbase Corp.