[SunHELP] Need help fast

Brian Hechinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 1 10:27:00 CST 2001

i'm sitting in my computer room at home.  i've got EVERYTHING pulled out due
to the fact that my firewall (sparc5) crapped out last night on a bad memory
stick.  left work an hour early for lunch to come home and fix it.  figured
i'd swap out the FDDI card since the NPI i had in there wasn't working.  well,
put another NPI card in it, driver won't attach so it can't be plumbed. tried
a Sun FDDI card, same thing.

i need advice ASAP so i can get my firewall back together and get myself back
to work.  thanks!!!!

anyway, it doesn't seem to like the FDDI card at all.  what could possibly be
going wrong here?  i really want the FDDI card in this machine, otherwise the
fast ethernet card is a waste.

does anyone have any knowledge of FDDI cards in sparc5 machines?  these cards
work great in my sparc20 (not these specific cards, but the NPI cards in
general) and is there maybe an incompatability with the 5?

i need to know so i can put the box back together, i don't want to have to
redo it at a later date, but it looks like i may not have a choice unless one
of you get back to me soon.

-brian