[SunHELP] Connect two Intel Solaris machine together.

Lee Khuong sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 09:56:55 CDT 2001

--------------AD4E38841E327ED515A9E754

Andrew,

Use a crossover cable to connect between two Ethernet interfaces between
your two machine.  IP(s) of your machine must be on the same segment
then you're on your way.   You can get the crossover cable in CompUSA or
Best Buy if you don't know how to make it.

Lee

"Meng, Andrew" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if I can use a UTP(RJ45) cable to connect my two intel
> Solaris machines together without using a hub. Or can I use a Coaxial cable
> with two terminators on the other end T-connector. It seems to me that UTP
> uses the power supply on the hub, is it right? Please suggest me a way to
> connect those machines without using a hub. Thanks a lot!
>
> Andrew

> The Information transmitted herewith is sensitive information intended only
> for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader
> any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other
> use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is
> please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.
--------------AD4E38841E327ED515A9E754

begin:vcard
n:Khuong;Lee
tel;fax:(703) 648-9110
tel;work:(703) 648-9020 ext 413
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.go-allied.com
org:The Allied Group;SNS
adr:;;1890 Preston White Drive Suite 200;Reston;VA;20191;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:lkhuong at TheAlliedgroup.com
title:Systems Consultant
fn:Khuong, Lee
end:vcard