[SunHELP] Testing a Sparc 20

Bran Tregare sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 02:50:22 CDT 2001

At 08:20 AM 6/29/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Sparc 20 will run SM40, but you are running the SM30 outside its spec'd
>range. As well as this you need to make sure that the base board freqency is
>set to 40Mhz, it is normally set to 50Mhz for the SM50, SM51 etc. Depending
>on the board this is set slightly differently. If you need to know for a
>specific, please let me know.
>
>Peter
The circuit board in this sparc 20 has a bear in a top hat on it, does that
help id it any?

I know that the SM30 is running outside spec, but after asking a few
questions around, apparemtly the SM 30 and SM40 are the same chip and
circuitboard everything on both are identical, other than the differing
barcodes that sun put on them. According to a tech in Sun's support group
they are the same cpu, just differing barcodes.