[SunHELP] increase of kernel

Kurt Huhn sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 06:17:17 CDT 2001

Add more or faster processors, or maybe reduce the number of sessions.  ;)

Seriously though, if you think this is a real problem, figure out what it is
that's actually pegging your CPU.  It might be a particular query or
function, or might just be the number of users attached tothe system.  700
to 800 sessions is a respectable amount - and I would expect to see moderate
CPU usage  as you describe.  you really should only be concerned if your CPU
usage hits about 75%-80% on a regular basis and sustains that usage rate
over long periods.  Oracle is a very power hungry app...

Kurt