[SunHELP] Disksuite & metainit

Michael S. Schiller sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 07:49:35 CDT 2001

Hi.

I'm trying to setup a software RAID using Disksuite, but I can't seem to
get anywhere! I've read parts of the manual (no, not the whole thing)
and I've edited the /etc/lvd/md.tab file according to the manual, but
when I try and create the state database I keep getting an error message
saying that there are no existing databases! I KNOW THAT. How do I get
metainit or metadb or whatever to CREATE the needed files?

This has got me VERY frustrated, and if I can't figure it out soon,
I might have a used Sun for sale with a few bulletholes in it :)

-Mike

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *