[SunHELP] Distrbuting Software

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 19:13:47 CDT 2001

I work for a software company that is just getting into distributing
software for Solaris.  I was possed with the question "is there antivirus
software for solaris that we can scan our CDs with".  I came
up with the standard line "There are no such things as unix viruses", but
I got to thinking...  What if someone infects our "cd build system"
to install a trojan horse?

What do other software vendors do to ensure their software is clean?  I
can think of a million ways to cause havok (infect code in the CVS,
add a few lines to the build scipts etc).  I am only in control of the
systems so I can only ensure my machines don't get hacked.

Anyone want to give me an idea what they do?

Thanks,
Shawn