[SunHELP] LinkSys Router with a Solaris Intel

Dina-natha Das sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 16:18:27 CDT 2001

Solaris Intel

I have used Ultra 5 running Solaris 8 with Linksys router. All I had to do
was to configure NIC to use DHCP protocol and that was it, everything worked
just fine. I guess the same procedure should be in Solaris for Intel. On the
switch connected to same router I had other computers running Mac OS X, Red
Hat Linux 7.1 and Win2K and they all worked just fine.
Do you have nameservers of your ISP (or others) listed in /etc/resolv.conf ?
What you are describing looks like inability to translate alphanumerical
domain name to IP address. Try using IP address of any site instead of their
domain name. If that works that means that you just have to add nameservers
in /etc/resolv.conf .

Dnd.