[SunHELP] Solaris 8 cluster patch and MU4

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 15:43:59 CDT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

| ok, so i just installed Solaris 8 on my two sparc20 boxes at home.
| now, if i download MU4 and install it, will i also need the 8
| Recommended jumbo, and if so, which order should i install them in?

The MU versions have specific patch revisions in them.. so MU4 will keep
the same kernel patch rev it was released with, even when a newer rev of
the kernel patch is released later.

The best order to install the MU and Cluster are Cluster first, then MU...
because if there are more recent versions of a patch in the cluster, it
will be installed, and the older rev will ofcourse be skpped from install
when you apply the MU. It saves disk space and time.

/dale