[SunHELP] System Halt

Steffen Grunewald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 01:34:17 CDT 2001

On Wed 2001-06-20 (14:09), S=E9rgio Carvalho wrote:
> Dear Gurus,
>=20
> Attached to the serial port of my Sparc Server 1000E I have a console, =
every=20
> problem in this console, my system halts (monouser mode).
>=20
> Does anyone knows how can make my server independent from this console?=
??

There's a SunSolve article somewhere which describes how to modify the
signal wires (IIRC a pull-up resistor is needed) so resetting terminals w=
on't
halt the whole machine. (look at sunsolve's web site, access1 might also
have it)

BTW, you can enter "go" at the prompt and the box goes on. No need to reb=
oot.

Steffen
--=20
 Steffen Grunewald | GFZ | PB 2.2 | Telegrafenberg E3 | D-14473 Potsdam
 =BB email: steffen(at)gfz-potsdam.de | fax/fon: +49-331-288-1266/-1245 =AB
  Computers are useless. They only can give us answers.    --- Picasso