[SunHELP] getting Xsun to do what i want

Big Endian sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 16 19:27:31 CDT 2001

>ok, i've got my desktop all changed around, it's now got three heads on it.
>the sx, and two gx cards.  very nice.  however, how do i get Xsun to do the
>following.  three heads, let's number then 0, 1 and 2 (from left to right)
>
>i want 1 to be the "main" screen where the login happens.  _but_ if i do
>[-dev 1 -dev 0 left -dev 2 right] it makes 2 to the right of 0 which is bad
>since i can never get back to 1. :)
>
>any ideas?

I tried this with my two cg 6s and a zx on an Axil 320.  What I ended
up doing was linking the two cg6s into a seperate X display so that
the zx was :0 and the two gxs were :1.0 and :1.1.  What this does is
perserve the 24bit on :0 while giving :1  the spread.

>also, i've got a 13W3<->4BNC cable, but the monitor is only 3BNC.  can i just
>tie green and sync together and it should work? or would i need some
>electonics
>in there as well?

I've had bad luck doing this kind of thing with cg6s.  Most sun cards
don't support sync on green.  I've gotten this to work with SGI
equipment (SGIs are sync on green by default I belive).