[SunHELP] help on LDAP authentication on Solaris 8

Clarte Everett sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 05:45:44 CDT 2001

Oh. ok... Thanks guys for replying.
But it seems that still i cannot make it work.
Maybe i didn't mention specific enough question about this.
Here's the situation:
1. i already installed solaris 8 01/01 edition on E220R machine.The
machine is already up and running.
2. I have installed the iPlanet Directory Server 4.12, and same as the
OS, the iDS is already up and running.
3. Beside that, i installed iPlanet Messaging Server 5.0, as you may
already know, iMS uses the iDS for its directory profile.
4. Now, i have a sunray server running on different machine, which is
E220R also and runs solaris 8 01/01 too.
Right now, i have two user profiles, one is on the iDS, and the other is
on unix machine (sunray server).
Both of the user profiles have the same data. Not to mention, i have
NT box, i have to duplicate the user profile on NT box too.
This situation gives me a headache. I want to have unified user
management.

The question:
I want to make my sunray server authenticate using the LDAP on different
machine that runs iPlanet Directory Server.
How to do that? Let me tell you what i have done:
1. i have editted the pam.conf file (but i wasn't sure i have done
correctly), i added modules for ldap here.
2. i have editted the /etc/nsswitch.conf file, add LDAP to passwd,
group, and host section
And then I missed something here, where is the file that contains
information about ldap server?
Do i have to use openLDAP instead of using iPlanet Directory Server?
Just like Adam did in the previous message?
But It's okay if i have to use openLDAP.

Thanks a lot guys. =)

rgds,
cla