[SunHELP] RE: looking for backup ideas

Frank Carreiro sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 7 10:16:52 CDT 2001

Legato Networker is great for regular backups.  We've been able to
backup Linux, Solaris (sparc and x86) NT/2000 servers without fail!  One
word of caution...  if you are looking at backing up Oracle databases
you will find issues with Windoze 2000.  For some reason databases over
400 Gigs cannot backup reliably.  We have 4 or 5 case numbers with
Legato and now I'm forced to find another solution (after 5 months of
working with their support and MTI tech support).  Going with Veritas
DataCenter now.  Don't get me wrong.  It works just great if you're
running oracle warm backups from *NIX systems.  Any windoze 2000 Oracle
databases then you're screwed :-(

Frank