[SunHELP] WTB: digital camera

Steffen Grunewald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 01:45:48 CDT 2001

On Mon 2001-07-30 (11:03), Bill Bradford wrote:
> I'm looking for a digital camera so that I can resume taking pictures /
> documenting my old hardware, as well as having something for Amy to tak=
> with her to Europe early next year.  A Mavica (takes pics direct to
> 3.5" floppy) would be preferred, but right now I'll take whatever I can
> get (flash card, etc).. Need 640x480 resolution or better, used of cour=
se.

Bill,

would like to help you, but the two cameras I had have gone back to the
store already - they didn't pass my tests :(
Do you really think it's a good idea to rely on floppies these days?=20
I have had very bad experiences during the last months, quality doesn't
seem to be an issue anymore now that everybody has a Zip drive or
Memory Sticks or Compact Flash.
I'd suggest to find something that works with PCMCIA or CF, there are
nice adapters, and they are supported broadly (memsticks require
special hard- and software, and since you're sparc-bound...)

Steffen
--=20
 Steffen Grunewald | GFZ | PB 2.2 | Telegrafenberg E3 | D-14473 Potsdam
 =BB email: steffen(at)gfz-potsdam.de | fax/fon: +49-331-288-1266/-1245 =AB
  :-( is a registered trademark of Despair, Inc. - see www.despair.com