[SunHELP] Dead TPE/RJ45 network port

Peter Stokes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 01:14:02 CDT 2001

Hi Damien

Depending on which shutdown you pick up from your PATH env variable list,
one of these will get you to ok

shutdown -h now

shutdown -i0 -g0 -y

If you have no keyboard connected, you will need a serial connection either
to a PC with hypertrm or similar or a plain serial terminal (eg vt220). The
normal way to break to ok with a serial terminal is to send the 'break'
signal (which I do not think you can do with the PC)

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1636-627900