[SunHELP] a problem of installing solaris 2.7

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 00:39:46 CDT 2001

Hello ,

 I have a problem in installing solaris 2.7 .

I got the message "Can't find driver for console framebuffer" when booting
off of the Solaris 2.7 CD . The OS install proceeded, but it was text-based as opposed to GUI-based. When the machine rebooted after the install completed, there was still no GUI (could not open the window manager
etc.).

I downloaded two patch name as 108787-07 and 107716-14 from SUN.
But I could not confirm if it could be resolve my problem not by installing the driver.
It said that it can solve "Drop framebuffer pm from SU2" and " screen corrupted and unusable after framebuffer pm" etc.

 And if I get the driver from other CD , must I install it after the installation of solaris 2.7 or before it? And which directory is for the driver in the CD?

Could you mind to tell me the detail of resolvent?
I'm most urgent now.

I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks!

from Jenny.