[SunHELP] Unable to mount a Solaris CD ROM

Michael Horton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 19:37:08 CDT 2001

Phil,

I don't believe a CDROM disc has a filetype of "nfs", that is Network
File System.  Sun's admin book lists CDROM discs as " -F hsfs " or you
can try mounting without the " -F " switch.  If you are doing all of
this manually, you will probably want to "umount" the previous CDROM
disc before trying to mount the new one.  Volume Manager (vold) will
automatically mount and unmount CDROM and floppy disks.  I would suggest
that you turn vold on and let it do the mount/umount work.

A good place to start learning/researching is the man pages.  Try "#man
mount".  Another place is the "big admin" section of the Sun web-site.
SunHelp.org has a link to this site.

Hope this helps!

MIchael