[SunHELP] Remote Shutdown other Solaris boxes

James Fogg sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 10:38:14 CDT 2001

Most UPS manufacturers have an upgraded version of the software that
communicates with the UPS via ethernet. You might need an optional board for
the UPS. If the UPS is an APC brand, the software would be powerchute pro and
you'll need the snmp card for the UPS.

Otherwise, sync; sync; halt to get to the OBP prompt (the OK prompt) then issue
power_off.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> Hi,
>
> How can I remotely shutdown a Sun Solaris box from a
> command line?
>
> The UPS software only shutdowns its local box, but can
> I set it up so it can take down other networked boxes?
>
> thanks.

	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com

If you can read this e-mail, Thank a Network Engineer!