[SunHELP] Machine can not boot up.

Bruce Pullig sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 12:48:16 CDT 2001

Either net is the first device listed in the boot-device (or diag-device if
diag-switch? is set to true) or the first device listed has failed.   You
may have a bad bootdisk.  Type in printenv and see what it is expecting to
boot.   Also try a probe-scsi-all to make sure all your disks are there.

At 09:32 AM 7/26/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>When I start a Sparc 10 machine, it hangs there with the banners and boot
>devices showing on the screen. In boot  diagnosis mode, it shows " Timeout
>waiting for ARP/RARP) packet". When I run  test-all, it displays: "Testing
>16 megs of memory at address 18000000 memory address not aligned".
>
>Does anyone see these before? Could you please give some clue? Thanks a lot!
>
>Andrew

>The Information transmitted herewith is sensitive information intended only
>for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader
>of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
>any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other
>use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is
>strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
>please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

   Bruce Pullig
   Senior Systems Administrator
   Schlumberger Oil & Gas Information Solutions
   5444 Westheimer, Suite 800
   Houston, TX 77056
   (713) 350-4217
   bpullig at houston.geoquest.slb.com