[SunHELP] Unable to mount a Solaris CD ROM

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 12:25:06 CDT 2001

You asked for the wrong FS type. The correct FS type for a CDR is hsfs =
(High
Sierra File System).

NFS stands for Network File System (i.e. file system on a remote =
hosts).

You also gave the wrong device, use something like cxtydzsn instead of
c1d0s2. Usually the CDROM is at c1t6d0s2.

Hence the right command is :

mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/dsk/c1t6d0s2  /cdrom

type c1d0s2
---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE=20
sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr - 05.57.26.56.36