[SunHELP] Unable to mount a Solaris CD ROM

Warren Brennan sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 11:06:16 CDT 2001

Your main problem is that you are mounting it as nfs, which is incorrect.
The proper filesystem type is hsfs, so the command would be:

	# mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/dsk/c?t?d?s2

	(c? = controller, t? = target number (scsi id), d? = disk number)

If the cdrom is internal, the controller number will be 0. On most Ultra 5s
I have worked on, it has always been target (scsi id) 2 and disk 0 (but it
could be different on your system).

Cheers,

Warren