[SunHELP] FCO #A0089-1 only on five-bladed fans?

Peter Stokes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 10:51:06 CDT 2001

Hi

I recently had to do a running repair on an Ultra 1 and used a Pentium fan
(do not know which one as it was handed to me). However the fan did not
quite have the same hole spacing, so only one of the screws would align
correctly. I would not recommend this as a permanent fix only temporary.

As far as the replacement I believe there is only one part number
irrespective of the fan type and I would go for a fan which is designed as a
replacement, although expensive it pales into insignificance against a
replacement motherboard.

If you are having problems sourcing one let me know off list and I can
supply one from stock in the UK.

BTW your old fan should be file in the round filing cabinet, do not bother
trying to repair, the bearings are gone.

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1636-627900