[SunHELP] Why does prtdiag not report pci cards in my Ultra 30

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 10:20:16 CDT 2001

Hi,
I have 2 pci interface card in my Ultra 30 running Solaris 7 and prtdiag -v does not show them.:-
========================= IO Cards =========================

     Bus   Freq
Brd  Type  MHz   Slot  Name                              Model
---  ----  ----  ----  --------------------------------  ----------------------
 0   PCI    33     1   network-SUNW,hme
 0   PCI    33     3   scsi-glm/disk (block)             Symbios,53C875
 0   UPA    99    30   FFB, Double Buffered              SUNW,501-4788

The same cards in an E250 show up fine with prtdiag -v under Solaris 7 :-

            UPA Device 0x1F  PCI Bus A (clock frequency: 66 MHz)

            UPA Device 0x1F  PCI Bus B (clock frequency: 33 MHz)
                Slot 2: pci1411,0
                Slot 1: pci1411,0
                Slot 0: network                  'SUNW,pci-gem'

Cheers
Richard.
rich at brake.demon.co.uk